Client Success Case: American Bank of Texas’s 27% Cost Reduction without a Cent of Capital Spend
Organization: American Bank of Texas
Location: Sherman, TX
Primary Business: Personal & Commercial Banking
Without any capital spend, FPR delivered a sustained 27% cost reduction.
American Bank of Texas is comprised of 32 branches in 21 Texas cities and employs approximately 500 great Texas people. With assets over $1.9 billion, the bank continues to grow and prosper.
THE BOTTOM LINE-FPR has delivered a sustained hard-dollar cost reduction to American Bank of Texas in excess of 27%, without one penny of capital spend.”
Client Testimonial: American Bank of Texas
Document Output Asset Management Highlights Realized by American Bank of Texas
- A consistent platform was established through the consolidation process, streamlining the environment, moving from multiple unique manufacturers to a unified platform of two manufacturers. This move ultimately increased service response, up-time and device reliability.
- Through the consolidation process, the elimination of low-performing service providers to a consolidated managed solution allowed for increased service response, increasing dependability and productivity.
- The recommended solution has significantly impacted the ABT IT staff by eliminating non-core tasks associated with supporting output assets from their daily routines, enabling them to focus on their primary initiatives.
- Prior to FPR’s implementation our clients typically face contractual obligations from vendors that exposed them to over-billings and mis-billings month after month. Through our strategic approach the total cost of ownership was reduced by establishing a true-usage utility-based model which allows ABT to avoid the pitfalls related to cyclical business trends and potential exposure to unused contract allowances.
- FPR initiated a strategy toward a fully-managed environment which moved ABT toward a single point of contact to address all document output devices. In addition, this change allowed them to move toward single-source invoicing.
- FPR outlined future strategies to upgrade the document output fleet and increase the functionality of key output assets, allowing for greater productivity.
- Because the DOAM model (part of the document management strategy) developed by FPR utilizes integrated life cycle services to manage critical business document output assets throughout their lifespan of value, technology refresh will be proactively optimized on a continual basis.
Our mission is to successfully deliver value through visibility. One of the ways we serve our clients is by proactively recognizing trends in the marketplace and then applying a best-in-class strategy to effectively guide our clients into those trends which benefit them the most. Ethically, our compass for decision making from our executive team down is very simply biblically based.
We thank you again for considering our organization and the business model we believe to be second to none.